Withmore than 20 years of investor relations experience, we have developed a proven and reliable approach to providing world-class IR based on analyzing our clients’ opportunities, identifying challenges, and structuring unique solutions in a comprehensive plan. We do all this with the goal of building IR programs that maximize shareholder value.
Our approach includes interviewing key executives and board members to uncover strengths and opportunities, coordinating company positioning and branding strategies, and conducting third-party research to determine the best investors and most trusted sellside analysts for each client.
Then we build and expand relationships with investors and sell side analysts worldwide through active and focused communication efforts. Throughout all our activities, at Deborah Stapleton Communications, we are intensely involved with management in communicating news and trends to the financial community.
We handle day-to-day investor relations, including maintaining a dialogue with investors and analysts, writing news releases, announcing quarterly financials and writing conference call scripts, executing non-deal roadshows, planning for and attending financial conferences, planning special events such as analyst days and shareholder meetings, as well as providing IR planning and communications strategies, both domestically and internationally.
This thorough and intense hands-on approach to account management has led to many success stories.
Here are just a few.
- Led selection of bankers for IPO; helped position company for successful IPO and beyond. Conducted extensive analyst research to guide strategy. Organized road shows worldwide.
- Arranged investor meetings and quarterly conference calls, and coached management on investors’ concerns. Grew shareholder base to include top-tier investors, including Fred Alger, RS Investments, Oppenheimer and Fidelity, which increased their positions over time.
- Identified and brought up 10 new sell-side analysts; guided them through the story and spoke with them on a regular basis.
- Played key role in increasing stock 94% to $35 per share; average daily volume grew from $5M to over $50M; company purchased by Qualcomm for $2.9B, a 26.5% premium.
- Retained by this Israeli-based company to handle IPO and beyond. Assisted in developing investor presentation and events, personally brought in top investors, and expanded analyst base from 4 to 12 sellside analysts.
- Successfully positioned company against better known InfiniBand competitor and Ethernet.
- Helped increase positive awareness over 3 years, resulting in market cap growing from $510M at IPO to $904M. Day-to-day communications with financial community.
- Led public relations and reputation management initiatives, resulting in notable press coverage, including cover story on Steve Jobs in FORTUNE magazine pre-IPO.
- Orchestrated IPO and IR/PR work, partnering with executive team in telling a compelling story about Pixar’s unique concept. Company value grew 20% to $5.8B+ in less than 4 months; stock price grew from $22 at IPO to $67.69 at time of acquisition by Disney.
- Served as primary spokesperson for Pixar for 5.5 years and grew buy-side and sell-side list. Organized and publicized opening nights for Pixar movies in major cities worldwide.
- Began name recognition program on Wall Street and advised on IPO. Built investor relations infrastructure, handled road shows and quarterly conference calls, and made introductions to investors and analysts. (Four-year assignment.)
- Built turnaround IR/PR program to help management communicate clearly with investors.
- Handled conference calls, planned and attended roadshows, talked with analysts and investors on a regular basis.
- Added significant new shareholders in Asia, Europe, and the U.S.